Who we are: Epilogue Systems is an early-to-growth stage B2B SaaS startup that provides workers with the right knowledge to get their jobs done faster.
What we do: We provide a productivity acceleration platform that enables organizations to improve user adoption of complex applications and deploy embedded, intelligent support.
Who we need: A DevOps Manager with experience in and excitement for cloud-based SaaS applications that’s ready to help us take our software platform to the next level.
Why we need you: We’re building a stellar team to help introduce the world to a leading SaaS solution. We need you to help make this vision a reality.
Where we’re located: This position is located with Epilogue Engineering in the Greater Kansas City, MO area. Epilogue Systems Global HQ is located in Ambler, PA. We also have a team in Germany serving the European market.
Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, experience with cloud-based applications and particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS) favored
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred; advanced education can substitute for experience
- SCRUM, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, etc. certifications preferred
- Experience developing and operating high scale, high performance, distributed applications, AWS preferred
- Experience in managing the lifecycle of complex, distributed applications (validation and verification processes, change management, CI/CD, functional, synthetic and security testing)
- Advance knowledge and practice with operations and DevOps on the AWS technology stack (including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Kubernetes, Docker, ECS, Lambda, Step Functions)
- Knowledge of and experience with obtaining and maintaining certifications for the cloud-based environment, such as the System and Organization Controls (SOC) certification
- Advanced experience with Agile application development and full stack DevOps in an AWS-based cloud environment
- Hands-on experience of micro-services and container environments
- Experience with the following additional technologies: Linux Administration, Jenkins
- Experience working as a member of distributed development teams
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products, including Visio and Project
- Good communication skills and customer relationship skills
- Knowledge of configuration management and version control processes
- Create and maintain alerts and alert systems which will grant advance notification to the engineering team when the system is low on resources or otherwise in crisis
- Create dashboards and monitoring capabilities for the system which satisfy management requirements
- Respond to alarms and system interruptions on a timely basis
- Track down and establish root causes for system issues and communicate them through established processes
- Support sprint pushes on a rapid basis between multiple domains
- Assist with DevOps documentation in order to obtain and maintain certifications
- Work closely with a distributed team of professionals from across the globe
- Communication with engineers and non-engineers
- Continuous improvement in system design and methodology after initial setup
- Research, design, and implement new technologies that will improve system efficiency, scalability, and reliability
- Professional development as a DevOps engineer and cloud-based services provider
- A positive, no-nonsense attitude and the willingness to work hard to create the best SaaS platform possible
- Practice trust and transparency in and outside the engineering team
- Be results driven and able to develop and monitor key metrics and indicators to proactively identify threats and opportunities
- Be able and willing to commute to weekly meetings in the Greater Kansas City area
- Willingness to implement major pushes or resolve crises that may occur late in the evening or on weekends. We will work with you to determine a flexible work schedule that accommodates your need for work-life balance
- Base $90K – $110K
- Full benefits & 401k
- The opportunity for stock purchase
- The opportunity to work remotely
We facilitate collaborative knowledge sharing and provide embedded, contextual guidance within enterprise applications, enabling organizations to work smarter and accelerate employee productivity.
Epilogue is application agnostic, able to overlay onto any Windows or web-based application with no additional setup or configuration required. Our productivity acceleration platform guides users through any application transaction, process, or workflows. Applications become smarter and more helpful with on-demand availability and context-sensitive guidance.
Travel commensurate with this type of position will be required.