New ‘Productivity Acceleration Platform’ Enhances User Performance Across Enterprise and Global Workforces
October 9, 2018
PHILADELPHIA–Epilogue Systems, the company dedicated to redefining workplace productivity in the enterprise, today announces the launch of Opus, its new cloud-based productivity acceleration platform. In Opus, Epilogue Systems has reimagined its classic enterprise performance support tool and introduced a workplace productivity solution that will shift organizations’ focus from basic application onboarding and adoption to enhancing user and team performance across the global workforce. Opus enters the market at the dawn of Oracle’s imminent UPK (User Productivity Kit) sunset, which will leave more than 4,000 organizations and more than 4 million users without further product updates or support, beginning in 2022.
As companies move to cloud-based IT systems and human resources departments become increasingly technologically-savvy, organizations are discovering that workplace productivity is limited by more than gaps in software adoption and competency. There are critical blocks to the flow of proprietary knowledge from key team leaders to teams, making it difficult for employees to use software to accomplish key job functions. This results in time and productivity inefficiencies across the enterprise, which can’t be resolved by software training or support alone.
Epilogue Systems’ vision for Opus is not simply to provide an alternative to Oracle UPK, which supports enterprise training and onboarding efforts, but to facilitate organization-wide knowledge transfer, achieve enterprise application proficiency and adoption at scale, and gather intelligent user insights that organizations currently lack. All of this will enable organizations to work smarter, accelerate productivity and drive revenue.
“The upcoming sunset and end of support for Oracle UPK is only one of several market forces driving enterprises to reconsider solutions that focus primarily on user onboarding,” said Michael Graham, CEO of Epilogue Systems. “Opus will demonstrate how enterprises can move beyond performance support to enable productivity across global workforces. Our goal is to completely reinvent this category by infusing it with intelligence from and about users within the enterprise. Enabling the creation of a more productive and effective workforce reduces costs and increases profitability.”
Key features of the new Opus platform include:
- Collaborative Authoring – Opus removes blocks to knowledge transfer by allowing enterprise subject matter experts (SMEs) and IT professionals to easily transfer critical knowledge directly into the platform. Multiple team members can collaborate simultaneously to ensure that company and industry knowledge, as well as application-specific intelligence, are documented within any enterprise application.
- Intelligent, Embedded Support – This embedded subject matter expertise and software know-how guides users throughout their use of company applications, delivering contextually-relevant help to employees at the moment of need, while reducing training and retraining time.
- Behavioral and Usage Data – Currently, companies’ ability to scale application proficiency and adoption is limited by a lack of insight into usage. Opus tracks usage and behavioral data so that enterprises can better understand user and team performance across the workforce.
- Team, Task, and Asset Management – Opus manages the entire documentation process and introduces a layer of accountability by enabling administrators to create projects, teams, and tasks. They can then delegate recording and QA review responsibilities to subject matter experts, all within the platform. Assets can be centrally managed, updated, and deployed to end users.
- Content Creation – Opus eliminates unnecessary work by automatically capturing tasks and building contextual guidance resources, resulting in an average of 75% less time creating application documentation.
- Application-Agnostic – Opus works with all Windows and web-based applications.
- Cloud-based – Opus does not require on-premise hardware and offers regular product updates that don’t disrupt daily operation.
- Languages – Opus generates key learning outputs in all major languages.
About Epilogue Systems
Epilogue Systems is dedicated to redefining workplace productivity in the enterprise. In 2018, the company shifted its focus from performance support to enablement intelligence with the launch of its productivity acceleration platform Opus. Opus takes over where Epilogue Systems’ classic solution left off, evolving enterprises’ focus from driving basic application onboarding and adoption to enhancing user and team performance across global workforces. By facilitating proprietary knowledge sharing, providing embedded, on-demand guidance at the point of need, and gathering behavioral and user insights that enterprises currently lack, Opus is enabling organizations to work smarter, accelerate productivity and drive revenue. Epilogue Systems’ software is used by some of the world’s most innovative enterprises, including members of the Fortune 500. Learn more at www.epiloguesystems.com.
For Epilogue Systems