Oracle UPK Sunsets Dec 2022
The Best UPK Alternative
Oracle UPK Support Sunsets Dec-2022
Our Team Knows Oracle UPK
They developed, sold, serviced and supported it
Mark Overton, CTO
Former VP of Product & Engineering for Oracle UPK
Developed UPK originally
Vince Lucey, VP of Business Development
Former head of Global Consulting for Oracle UPK
Tom Casillas, Director of Operations
Former head of Technical Support for Oracle UPK
4,000+ Customers Impacted
Understand the Risks
Overcome the Risks
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ORACLE E-BUSINESS SUITE CUSTOMERS
Oracle EBS uses Java Forms which can present a problem for different digital adoption solutions. In considering a digital adoption solution alternative to UPK, it's important to understand if the solutions you are assessing actually work with Java Forms. We suggest a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY approach.
Are You Ready?
Create digital adoption content easily
Manage the workflow of projects, teams, tasks and content
Engage your users in-application
Report on use and effectiveness
This is where the text for your Feature List Item should go. It's best to keep it short and sweet.
Potential Security Risks
do you know your security policies?
Do you know if you are in compliance with your company's security policies?
- Oracle UPK is not issuing technical updates for browser and Operating System updates
- This places a burden on your IT security team to validate security
- Will UPK stop working because of new security policies being implemented at your company?
- Technical updates are required fro ensure protection against external threats to the business continuity of your organization
Last Major Update was 2014
not keeping up with the pace of change
UPK has not seen meaningful enhancement since 2014 and since that time, things have changed ... a lot.
- Applications have moved to SaaS and Cloud
- Thick client and desktop-based applications have become challenging for IT leadership to support
- Learning and Development teams are stretched thin with the demands of the new digital workplace
- xAPI has become the new standard for analyzing learning data but is not captured by UPK
Compatibility with non-Oracle and Cloud/SaaS applications
maximize your reach
- Since UPK was developed as an on-premises and partially desktop EPSS technology, the explosion of Cloud technologies has occurred
- The new concept of the Digital Workplace involves Cloud applications that enable better collaboration, project and task management, content management, sharing and communication
- Major applications like Salesforce, Workday, Oracle, SAP, Infor, Dynamics and AthenaHealth are all in the cloud
- Newer digital adoption solution technologies, like Opus, were built to handle these dynamic applications, UPK was built for the time before these applications
Converting UPK Content (CRITICAL)
salvage your investment of time and money in Oracle UPK
Your UPK content requires a robust converter that knows the complexities of UPK. The Opus UPK Content Converter was developed by our team who also developed UPK, so we know what's involved.
- While a few tools claim to import UPK, we convert all steps, messages, frames… you’re fully converted and productive in days instead of months
- The converted files become Opus files and are fully editable so you can modify and update as needed
- Editing is fast and easy with Opus' powerful drag-and-drop editor
- Odarc files can be loaded and converted in bulk or one at a time
Comparison: Opus vs UPK
- Quick side-by-side:
- Project, Team and Asset Management
- Existing UPK Content
UPK to Opus Journey
let our expertise help you
Dec 31, 2020 is not that far away when you consider the process and time it takes to research, assess, select and purchase an alternative digital adoption solution. Then the time to implement the solution, convert UPK content (if possible with your selected solution) and roll-out to the organization.
- We and our partners are expert in this journey and will make it fit your needs:
- You lead and staff the project and we'll provide best practices guidance (see the Journey graphic below)
- Use one of our expert partners who can engage as deeply as you need, from helping project manage the journey to on-going assistance with digital adoption content creation.
- Once you complete your UPK transition to Opus, you're ready to extend Opus to any other application:
- pre go-live during the implementation/upgrade project to facilitate UAT, process documentation, development of training assets, pre-go live training and compliance documentation
- post go-live to drive digital adoption with in-application, context relevant support and guicance